- All customer will obtain a COVID-19 test 48 hrs before arriving on trip. Positive tests will be excluded from the trip with a refund.
- All customers will be COVID symptom free before and during the trip
- Customers that express symptoms during the trip will be evacuated.
- Customers that express symptoms 2 weeks or less after the trip will notify our office immediately.
- Limited to 6 customers on any given trip, lesson or course.
- Maximum number of people will be: 10 participants at any given trip, course or instruction including instructors.
Management during any instruction/trip
- Physical Distancing (2 m or 6 ft)
- Have a mouth and nose barrier (mask) on you ready to be used at any time (mask, bandanna, buff) for all participants and instructors.
- If one finds themselves breaking physical distance for any reason, make sure to use your mouth and nose barrier i.e. when looking at a map or doing a rescue.
- Gear will be exclusively assigned and not shared
- Bring your own whistle.
- No sharing of water, food or utensils
- other protocols will be put in place as required, be prepared to be flexible and accommodating.
- No food will be provided for day trips.
- For any day trip, customers and staff will bring their own utensils and lunch/snacks.
- Do not share food or utensils.
- Bring box of gloves for lunches (food prep gloves)
- Food and food preparation on Paddle Canada Courses will be provided by the participants
- For multi-day trips food will be provided, protocols will be taken/enforced by the instructors through:
- Mask and gloves used for food preparation and wash up/put away.
- Participants and instructors will have ONE fold up chair for the duration of the trip, and stay at least 2 m apart while eating (outside their social bubble)
- Utensils will be washed by 1-2 people only to prevent breaking of physical distancing and many hands touching clean utensils.
- Anyone washing dishes will hand-sanitize and then wear dish washing gloves
- Utensils will be washed in hot soapy water, rinsed, and then bleached for 1-2 minutes (3 steps/bins).
- Once washed, they will be hung to dry not wiped with a dry cloth.
- Tongs for lunches (to prevent allergy spreading) and only instructors make plates for ALL meals
More tips here:
- Tent sharing by permission only (individuals not from the same exposure circle will not be sharing tents, tent sharing for the same exposure circle ONLY, i.e. families and friends who have already been exposed to each other would be considered under the same exposure circle).
- ALL Tents and gear will then be sanitized after each trip through soaking them in a cleaning solution and hanging them to dry.
- Customers are encouraged to bring their own tents if possible
- Wipe down equipment before and after use with sanitary cleaning product