This September course on Lake Superior centres on a 200 km journey down the Pukaskwa Coastline and on to the town of Michipicoten. It is one of the longest unbroken and wild coastlines in Canada between the east and west coast and will challenge paddlers to complete the distance and the course requirements within the 8 day timeline. This program will help the participant to “develop practical application of leadership, risk assessment, decision-making, judgment, group management, and general seamanship, in the context of a multi-day journey that includes changing conditions and varying terrain. The level 3 program will help individuals with guiding skills and dealing with challenging situations in difficult conditions.
- Certification requires Paddle Canada Level-2 skills, and sufficient experience in Class 3 waters.
- For more details, candidates are refereed to course outline.
- Those not seeking certification need sufficient experience in Class 3 waters. More details are available in the course outline.
- Instruction and coaching by Paddle Canada Level-3 Instructors
What To Bring:
- Your own Kayak and camping equipment.
- Food Rotor contribution
Instructor: Rick Wise
Mentorship: With a possible three Level-3 Instructor Trainers available we encourage interested Paddle Canada instructors to apply for mentorship as Level-3 instructors on this course. Please contact us for more information about this opportunity.Course Sylabus
Dates and Pricing
|Sept 24 to Oct 2||Pukaskwa National Park on Lake Superior||9 Days||$850+HST||Book Now|